Everyone loves to go out and spend a day at the pool. Kids especially love to play and spend time at the pool. It is also the best idea to teach your kids swimming at a young age. But when it comes to going to the pool with babies and toddlers, parents are not sure how to go about it. They certainly don’t want to contaminate the pool by taking their baby without a diaper and on top of that regular diapers are not waterproof at all.
That’s the main reason why parents need swim diapers or swim pants. Swim diapers, or swim pants, are a specially-designed diaper which is completely waterproof and is meant to be used in the tub or pool. It doesn’t soak the water and makes sure that your little one is comfortable and safe.
The following guide will help you to understand and know everything about baby swim diapers, their types, benefits, and why swim diapers are essential for babies to wear.
The Purpose and Importance of Swim diapers
Almost all health institutions recommend the use of swim diapers at pools and beaches. All public pools have made it mandatory for infants and toddlers to wear swim diapers or pants. The main reason for mandating the use of baby swim diapers are as follows:
- Swim diapers help to prevent the spread of bacterias or viruses spread due to contamination of the pool caused by kids pooping in it.
- It stops the spread of diseases causing bacteria, which can be unhygienic for the people in or around the pool.
- These diapers don’t soak water and swell up like the regular diapers.
- They come in a variety of sizes and are extremely easy to use just like a normal diaper.
- They come in a variety of colors and designs that give a cute look to your baby’s outfit.
Why avoid normal diapers and use swim diapers?
There is no doubt that normal diapers are perfect for normal use and are kind of more economical. But when it comes to using them at the pool or beaches normal diapers are not that great an option due to the following reasons:
- Normal diapers do not stop water absorption. It absorbs all the water which makes the diaper heavy and uncomfortable for the baby.
- Normal diapers tend to become saggy when wet.
- The absorbing capacity is far less as compared to swim diapers.
- Normal diapers don’t retain any urine or feces once they become wet in the pool.
Types of Swim Diapers
Swim diapers or pants are of two types – disposable and reusable swim diapers. Both of them are great alternatives and are equally effective in the pool and water. But there are some public pools that allow either of the two swim diapers. So next time whenever you are planning a day at the pool with your toddler, make sure to find out which swim diaper they allow.
The following are the benefits and features of both disposable and reusable swim diapers:
Disposable Swim diapers
- Disposable swim diapers need to be changed immediately once they are soiled
- Extremely easy to use
- No need to keep it and wash it later
- Hassle-free process of removing and disposing of the diaper
- You can also look for disposable natural swim diapers, to avoid all the chemicals that can be added to a regular disposable swim diaper.
Reusable Swim diapers
- Needs to be cleaned or washed as soon as the diaper gets dirty or soiled
- Reusable swim diapers can be reused once it washed and completely cleaned
- Much more economical as compared to disposable swim diapers
- Easy to use and store
Swim diapers or pants are the best choices for parents willing to take their kids and babies out in the pool. It’s not only good for their kid, but it is also beneficial for other people in and around the pool.