Netgear WiFi range extenders are the top-rated devices to extend the current WiFi range and coverage in your home. These devices take the WiFi signals coming from your home router and then amplify them to reach every corner of your house. Thus, with a Netgear extender, you will get no WiFi dead zones. What’s more, you can set up and install a Netgear WiFi range extender in two modes, namely the Extender Mode and Access Point Mode.
In the extender mode, the Netgear range extender amplifies the existing WiFi signals and then broadcasts them in all directions. On the other hand, when working in the access point mode, the extender creates a WiFi hotspot using a wired connection in your home. Here, we will make you aware of the step-by-step guide to help you install your Netgear WiFi extender as an access point. Let’s get started.
Set up Netgear Extender as an Access Point
In order to perform the Netgear extender setup in the access point mode, you need to access mywifiext.net login web page. Below-highlighted are the required steps to follow for setting up and installing your Netgear extender in the access point mode:
- Unbox your Netgear wireless range extender in a proper manner.
- Connect the provided antennas (if any!) to your extender.
- Place the Netgear extender in the same room where your router is already kept.
- Don’t keep the extender near interference-creating devices, e.g. microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, refrigerators, metal doors, aluminum studs, mirrors, glasses, fish tanks, and treadmills, to name a few.
- After placing the extender properly, plug it into a wall outlet and power it up.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to your Netgear extender. Connect another end of the cable to the WiFi router.
- Make sure that your home WiFi router is also turned on.
- Use a WiFi-enabled device (computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet) and connect it to a high-speed internet connection.
- Pull up an internet browser on it.
- Access mywifiext web-based login page.
- Click on the New Extender Setup button.
- The next window will ask you to enter your details like email, password, and much more.
- Fill in the required details and hit Next.
Quick Tip: On the off chance if you use Mac or iOS device for setting up your Netgear extender, access the admin login panel via mywifiext local web address rather than mywifiext.net.
- Click on the Access Point option.
- Type your preferred Network Name or SSID.
- Now, choose your Security Options and enter the password.
- Once done, click on the Next button.
- Use the new WiFi network name and password to connect your WiFi devices.
- Hit Continue.
- Your Netgear WiFi extender is now configured as an access point.
And there you are! You have successfully set up and installed your Netgear WiFi extender in the access point mode.
Unable to Log In to Your Netgear Extender?
Can’t access mywifiext or mywifiext.net not working is one of the most common issues experienced by users while setting up their Netgear WiFi range extender. If you are also sailing on the same boat, try the below-given DIY troubleshooting tips to fix the issue:
- Make sure that you are typing the correct web address into the URL bar. No typos should be there!
- The Netgear extender should be turned on and getting steady power supply from the wall socket.
- None of the hardware parts of your Netgear extender should be damaged.
- Access a high-speed internet connection while accessing mywifiext web page.
- Try using 192.168.1.250 IP instead of the web address to log in to your Netgear range extender.
Done! Hopefully, you are now able to set up and install your Netgear extender as an access point without any hassle.