Hair transplantation is the latest fad in the market. People consider hair transplantation when they are balding fast or the hairlines is thinning. If you are considering a hair transplant in Gurgaon, you must visit a reputed clinic having the best hair transplant surgeon.
What is a hair transplant?
Hair transplantation is a surgical process whereby hair follicles are collected from other parts of the body like the back of the head, legs, face, or chest and implanted on the scalp where bald patches are visible or hairlines are thinning. Hair transplantation has several processes. Several types of hair transplantation processes are available. What procedure will be suitable for an individual depends on several factors like how the person is balding, how is the condition of the scalp, and whether there is any other health issue affect ting the person?
What are different types of hair transplant processes?
Hair transplantation is a process whereby the grafts or follicles from other parts of the body as stated before are taken to place in the areas of baldness. There are two methods used for hair transplantation:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
In this process, a strip of the scalp is extracted from the back of the head and individual grafts are dissected from it. These grafts are then replaced in the bald patches on other parts of the head.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
This is the rather tedious and time-consuming method when individual follicles are collected from the back of the head or other parts of the body or other donors and implanted those follicles one by one on the other parts of the head as required.
Both processes have a few advantages:
- In the FUT procedure, large patches can be covered with follicles in a short time like in 2-3 sittings. In this procedure, a comparatively lesser number of grafts are required for covering the bald areas.
- In the FUE procedure, an entire strip of scalp is not necessary rather individual follicles are collected for replacement in the bald areas. The process is less painful than FUT.
However, there are certain disadvantages of the processes too. Experts having experience in handling different patients in this domain make the decision depending on case to case:
- In the FUT method, as a strip is collected from the back of the hair, that portion needs some stitching and treatment later. There may be a scar mark in the donor part that never goes away permanently. In some patients, the scar may be large in size and more visible.
- In FUE, the donor area is normally more than FUT. The follicles collected in FUE are more delicate than FUT. Though the grafts collected contain all essential parts like follicle, bulb, and a small number of surrounding tissues, the collected grafts have fewer quantities of shielding dermis than FUT grafts. Moreover, FUE is called a “blind” procedure because the tools used in this procedure could not be visible outside as a result the tools might uproot some grafts in the wrong way.
What does hair transplant surgery cost?
The key determiners of hair transplantation cost are the density required, the number of grafts required, and the technique followed for the transplantation. Again, the costs vary from one clinic to another or what kinds of supporting facilities are used during the process.
What precautions after hair transplant required?
Experts ask to take maximum care of hair after a transplantation process:
- Hair cannot be washed for the next 48 hours after transplantation.
- Hair can be washed on the third day and afterward gently.
- Any kinds of dyes cannot be used for the next 30 days.
- Plenty of water should be taken to keep the moisturizer level intact.
- Antibiotics are prescribed that must be taken as per the prescription.