It is not a secret that everyone likes to look good. Your confidence and self-assurance get a boost when you look like a million bucks. And for that, you don’t need expensive dresses or makeovers. Healthy, glowing skin – the basic essential of good looks, makes you feel and look beautiful.
But how do you ensure your skin remains healthy and young when it has to face the regular onslaught of damaging pollution, UV rays, smoke and dust, and aging?
Want to know some simple hacks to get your glow back?
These tried and tested tips work like magic. Read on:
- Eat healthily, exercise regularly, sleep for seven to eight hours at night. This is obviously a no-brainer. If you eat fresh and natural as far as possible, and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, it is bound to reflect in your skin. Fresh fruits, green vegetables, whole grains, curds, fish with Omega 3 oils, lean meats, should comprise your diet. Avoid sugar, caffeinated drinks, fast food, and packaged snacks and colas. Drink lots of water and natural fluids like lemon water, coconut water, etc.
- Take good care of your skin. Maintain a regular skincare routine that begins with cleansing, and goes on to moisturizing, then replenishing your skin with nutrients. Opt for natural face cleansers, with aloe vera or calendula extracts, for daily cleansing twice a day. If you have oily skin, use the best toner with cucumber extracts or with menthol and Sodium PCA (a humectant with high moisture-binding ability). Do not use alcohol-based toners, and check that the best skincare products you use are dermatologist tested.
- Deep cleanse your skin with face masks and nourish with facial serums. Once in a fortnight, or depending upon your skin type, use a natural face mask with Amazonian White Clay, Oatmeal and Aloe to detoxify your skin and minimize open pores. After this detox, pamper your skin with a facial serum that suits your skin needs. Select a serum that dark spot reducing, or retexturing, or pore tightening, and restores the youthful vitality of your skin.
- Replenish skin nutrients with Vitamin C skincare. Natural derivatives work wonders to retain your skin moisture and rejuvenate it, keeping signs of aging at bay. Ananti-aging creamor serum with Vitamin C derivative and Hyaluronic Acid (that acts as a moisture sponge) should be integral to your skincare routine. Choose a serum that has a powerful line reducing concentrate to restore the youthful glow of your skin. Or opt for a dark spot- reducing solution with Activated C as it can fade away stubborn spots and give your skin an even tone.
- Pamper your under-eye region, as it is the first to show the signs of aging like wrinkles, dark circles, and crow’s feet. Choose an anti-aging under eye cream with Squalane and natural oils to soothe your tired eyes at night. Wake up to refreshed eyes with reduced puffiness and under-eye circles.
So these are some tips your skin specialist would approve of. Getting back healthy and glowing skin isn’t a remote dream. You can achieve it with regular care and application of the best skincare products.
Check out Kiehl’s India or some awesome, dermatologist tested, proven-effective skincare solutions. Let the compliments pour in!