Yoga and meditation are very popular fitness tools. People from all backgrounds and ages practice yoga and have classes and retreats everywhere. Yoga is more of activity whereas meditation requires no bodily movements.
Yoga is the practice of the mind and body, which include breathing techniques, meditation, body postures, etc. It was originated about 5000 years ago in India. There is no proof of who found yoga because yogis and yoginis all over the world have been practicing it before any of its written account came into being.
Meditation, on the other hand, is a part of yoga which is all about mindfulness. It is the practice of silently concentrating your mind on one point to enter the stage of complete bliss.
Benefits Yoga and Meditation
Yoga and meditation have many scientifically proven benefits. There is obviously something powerful about this combination which is keeping it alive even after over 5000 years of origin. Following are the benefits of yoga and meditation:-
- The flexibility and the overall health of the body are highly improved.
- A person feels emotionally uplifted, at peace, and happy with the relaxation as a result of yoga and meditation.
- Yoga and meditation create a very healthy lifestyle and the diet of the person is improved and maintained with respect to quality and discipline.
- The combination of yoga and meditation is famous for its stress-relieving properties and making the individual more positive and relaxed.
- With continuous practice, back pain, knee pain, heart health, joint pain, muscle pain, migraine, and many other problems from the body are relieved.
- Common modern-day problems like insomnia, hangover, anxiety, depression, and digestion are also highly cured by yoga and meditation.
- The overall energy, vibe, persona, point of view, and the confidence of a person are greatly enhanced.
- The mind, body, and soul are detoxified and energised mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- A person becomes more aware of the body and is able to disconnect from the world to connect with the inner self.
Therefore, it is always recommended that both yoga and meditation should be performed together to avail all the benefits.
Looking to take your meditation practice to the next level? Learn about the top yoga and meditation retreats in 2020.