Email is the most popular mode of business communication these days. Notwithstanding the evolution of social media and similar communication channels, entrepreneurs continue to use email for connecting with their prospects and employees. It is, therefore, imperative to have an email address that reflects your brand in a professional light and adds credibility to your business.
So, regardless of whatever you do, it’s high time that you get a business email address if you still haven’t chosen one.
How to monitor internet activity
In this brief guide, we will discuss how you can buy and set up a business email address in 4 simple steps.
1) Sign up for an email hosting service
In order to have a professional email, you need to have an email hosting account. So, it is vital to sign up for a business email hosting service. You can either buy email hosting as an add-on with your web hosting service or select a separate email hosting package for your business. The email plan you choose should offer adequate storage, robust security as well as fair pricing.
2) Decide on a naming format
Once you have chosen a business email hosting service, it’s time to decide on a naming format. If you are a small business with a couple of employees, it may not feel important at this point in time. But as your business grows, you will require consistency in email formats. You can pick any of the following common formats:
When you have a fixed naming format, it becomes easy for your customers to find you and contact you and your employees.
3) Create your email account
This step will vary from one hosting provider to the other. Here is how you can create your email account at Go4hosting.
- a) Login into the cPanel account provided by your web hosting provider. Go to the Email section and select ‘Email Accounts’.
- b) Fill in the Email field with the email ID chosen by you. Fill in the password section with a password of your choice. Choose a password that’s a mix of numbers, alphabets and symbols.
- c) Go to ‘Mailbox Quota’ to fill in the mailbox size in MB depending on your requirement. You get 250 MB by default.
- d) Click on ‘Create Account’ to create your business email address.
4) Set up your email client
Creating a business email address does not automatically offer you the functionality to use it for sending and receiving mails. You will need an email client for this purpose. You can choose any of the popular email clients including Outlook, Gmail and Thunderbird.
Out of the aforementioned clients, a lot of businesses opt for Gmail because of the advantages it offers. Google offers G Suite that combines Gmail with several other tools (Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Meet) that let you collaborate effectively within a team.
Here is how you can set up your email in G Suite.
- a) Login into your G Suite portal. Select ‘Email & Office’ from the menu on the left-hand side. Click on ‘See Details’.
- b) Choose ‘Buy Now’ and fill in your payment details to complete the transaction. Once you have made the purchase, you can access G Suite by choosing ‘Marketplace’ in the left-hand side menu of the control panel. Select G Suite from the programs given and click ‘Manage’.
- c) When you open G Suite for the first time after purchase, you are required to fill in your administrator and contact information. Once this is done, you can start working with G Suite.
The Bottom Line
A business email ID is a vital step in making your clients realize you are serious about your business. By running your email communication the right way, you can keep up with this professionalism. Follow the email best practices to make sure your business email account represents your brand in the right manner.
If you are looking for a business email hosting service, let us know. At Go4hosting, we offer best-in-industry hosting solutions at the most budget-friendly rates. For more information, connect with our technical experts at +91-120-602-5102 or email us on [email protected]